Monday, June 9, 2008

Grandma's Favorite Washcloth

Friday night my friend Courtney came over to "play" and brought her 3-year-old son to play with my boys. My projects that were being blocked were still covering my table. She saw this washcloth and said that she had been wanting to make a pile of white ones for her bathroom. Of course I had to pull out some needles and yarn to show her how easy this pattern is.

Now, I could have just unraveled the little demo triangle, and picked up Mikeys "feen" sweater or one of my entrelac blankies - but why waste the stitches? I am now making a variegated teal cloth, that may end up being one of many for my bathroom. I just cant decide on what the contrasting color will be - either brown or lime. We'll see!

I had received one of these cloths as a gift from my friend Alice, and improvised a pattern based off of it. I'm going to use the pattern along with a checkerboard washcloth pattern as the two "beginner" options for our first project in my knitting class that starts next week.

No comments: