Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Jeff asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday. I said "You know those interchangeable needles from Knit Picks that I have been talking about for the last 2 months? Those. . . and some sock yarn." His response: "Really? I had no idea! Why don't you go order what you want and give me a hint about something I can get you to surprise you with." How can he not have had any idea?? I've only brought them up whenever I can slip them into conversation. Well, hopefully I'll be opening up some new novels tomorrow for my birthday from him. He studdied English at Columbia, so he's great at picking out books that I'll love. I guess I can't expect him to be on my same wavelength, he's not a psycho-obsessed designer/knitter like me!

I finally placed my order today. Too bad I'll have to wait 2 weeks to play! Maybe that will give me an incentive to finish a few more things.
These are the Options Interchangeable Harmony Wood needles that I ordered. They only go down to size 4, so I ordered some size 1 nickel plated fixed circulars for some magic loop socks.


I also ordered some Gloss Sock Yarn in what looks to be an indigo color called "dusk" so I can start these Clessidra socks. I can't wait. These are going to be time consuming, but I figure if I'm going to spend time making any socks for myself, they better be merino and silk, and they better be from an amazing pattern.

3 comments:

Salihan said...

Oh you're going to have such a good birthday!!! I love my Harmony interchangeables! I've been knitting so much more now and magic looping like crazy! I've just ordered some Harmony dpns in size 1 and 2. I bought a Harmony size 2 fixed circular and the needles are so short there is nothing much to grip to! Anyway, Happy Birthday in advance! :D

Briley said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Marsinah {mar-see-na} said...

I was able to score that needle set for my bday :P thanks john!