Monday, May 12, 2008

Confessions of a Serial Knitter

My name is Sunny and I am a Serial Knitter. I have been knitting off and on for the last 30 years, and I'll be 34 this summer - so do the math. I will be documenting my knitting mania on this blog, while I try to find a way to juggle my obsession with my crazy life of being a mom of 3 and a freelance designer.

Why am I a serial knitter?
1. I have over 5 projects in work at any given time.
2. If I run out of yarn for a project, I not only buy what I need, but enough yarn for at least another project.
3. I can't wait to finish something before beginning something new. That yarn just calls out to me!
4. I knit in the car - AND NOT JUST WHEN I'M A PASSENGER! It's kind of a challenge to see if you can finish a row before the light turns green.
5. I knit during movies - mostly kid flicks though.
6. If I buy at least $50 each time on KnitPicks, I get free shipping - so why shouldn't I buy that much each time I need a skein of yarn?
7. My 5 year old calls me "Captain Knitty-Head."
8. I keep saying that I will organize all of my patterns, but tend to just knit instead.
9. There are projects, books about knitting, patterns, or yarn in almost every room in my house. Yesterday I even had my current cabled bookmark that I was working on in the bathroom. Get your head out of the gutter! I was waiting for my bath to fill up!
10. I belong to 2 KAL groups, lead a weekly knitting circle, and am actually working towards becoming a certified knitting instructor.

No comments: