Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ravelympics Update

After 2 days of furious knitting, I am 95% finished with blankie #1 and 20% finished with blankie #2. Since they are for twins, I wanted the blankies to be almost identical, but not quite. I was undecided how to do this, and figured something would come to me while I knit.
The first blankie has 2 chocolate colored stripes running around the border. I was going to weave in a chain of chocolate yarn into the border eyelets, and then thought, maybe a different color there would help change things up. I have decided to use navy for the outer stripes of blankie #2 and weave in a chain of chocolate, then weave in a chain of navy into blankie #1. I can't believe I don't have ANY navy blue cotton in my house. I may need to run to the store within the next day or so, so that I can keep up my momentum.

1 comment:

cici said...

wow.. thats great.. I am happy with my progress so far too. I have to sleeves and a hood to go.. YAY OAYPP!!!